At The Loan Partnership we ensure your personal information is kept secure and confidential
PRIVACY OF YOUR INFORMATION
At The Loan Partnership Ltd, we appreciate that your privacy is extremely important to you. With this in mind, we have put in place a number of measures to ensure that any personal details we obtain from you as a result of visiting this website are processed and maintained in accordance with accepted principles of good information handling and also in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
This statement provides you with details of the type of information we may hold about you, how we obtain and use information and how we protect your privacy. This statement is issued by The Loan Partnership Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under number 06576125 whose registered office address is at 82 Gallows Hill Lane, Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire. WD5 0BY. We are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm reference number 707809 and registered with the Information Commissioners’ Office under Registration number ZA001730.
You are free to browse the website www.theloanpartnership.co.uk without providing any personal or any other information whatsoever.
If you wish to apply for any of our products and/or services then it will be necessary for us to collect information about you in order that we may consider your application further. This information is collected as follows:
Personal information such as full names, date of birth, marital status, details of dependents etc.
Contact information such as address, telephone numbers, email addresses etc.
Financial information such as details of any outstanding loans, mortgages and/or other credit. Before we can look for accurate quotes, we need to make a credit check. This means we will search records relating to you at credit reference agencies. They will add details of our search and your application to your records, which may be seen by other organisations. Your records may be used by third parties, including fraud prevention agencies, to help prevent financial crime. Further information on how we and the lender will use your details will be included in the documents we send you if you go ahead with a loan offer. If you’ve made a joint application, your records will be linked together and you must be sure that you have the other applicant’s agreement to disclose information about them. By confirming your agreement to proceed you are accepting that we may use your information in this way and you consent to searches being made, including on any joint applicant.
The data is volunteered by you and collected via an online application form or alternatively you may print out our application form and complete and return this via the post.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The information you provide in support of your application may be used for references in respect of your employment, the conduct of any mortgage or loan accounts and also a search of the files of a Credit Reference Agency (CRA). Lenders may also use the information in assessing your application and managing your account.
Further information on how CRAs use, store, and retain personal data and how to contact them, can be found on www.equifax.co.uk/crain
The information we collect about you will be recorded electronically and may also be used in the following ways:
- To enable us to consider your application for a loan or any other product or service.
- To contact you in connection with your enquiry.
- To extract certain information for the purpose of generating statistics for our own internal purposes – it will not however be possible to identify individuals from these statistics.
- To update our website to better meet our customers’ needs in the future.
Sometimes we’ll share your information with carefully selected third parties outside The Loan Partnership Ltd. We may do this for the following reasons:
- To provide you with a loan. As brokers, our products and services are provided in conjunction with our product providers, including our panel lenders. It will therefore be necessary to disclose your information to them to provide you with the products and/or services you require. Where your personal data has been shared with a lender, they will process the data in line with the conditions of this notice or the lender will inform you of how they process your personal data. You can find links to your lender’s websites and their own privacy notices as follows:
Lender Privacy Notice Link
Pepper Money www.pepper.money/privacy-policy/
Precise Mortgages www.precisemortgages.co.uk/PrivacyNotice
United Trust Bank www.utbank.co.uk/privacy-notice/
Shawbrook Bank www.shawbrook.co.uk/privacy-notice/
Selina Finance www.selinaadvance.com/privacy-policy
West One www.westoneloans.co.uk/legal/privacy
Central Trust www.centraltrust.co.uk/legal-and-privacy-policy
Step One Finance www.steponefinance.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/PrivacyPolicy.pdf
Norton Finance www.nortonfinance.co.uk/Documents/PrivacyPolicyAndFairProcessingNotice.pdf
Spring Finance www.springfinance.co.uk/privacy-statement
Evolution Money www.evolutionmoney.co.uk/legal/fair-processing-notice
MT Finance www.mt-finance.com/privacy-policy/
Scroll Finance www.scrollfinance.com/privacy-and-cookies
- We will provide your personal data to credit reference agencies (CRA) to obtain credit and electoral information required to assess your eligibility for loan products available through the lenders on our panel. We only provide CRAs with your name, address (including previous addresses) and date of birth for them to supply us with your credit file.
- To provide you with information about special promotions and offers. If you have given your consent, we may share some of your information with carefully selected third parties so they can provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- To protect The Loan Partnership Ltd or others, we may share your information with third parties when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or protect our or another person‘s rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with third parties to protect against fraud and reduce payment risks.
We will only deal with third parties that we trust to act in our customers’ best interests and who treat our customers’ information with the same stringent controls that we apply ourselves.
METHODS OF CONTACTING YOU
Unless you have advised us to the contrary, both we and other third parties referred to above may contact you by telephone, letter, e-mail or fax. However, where we are contacting you for marketing purposes, we will only use the methods of contact that you have consented to.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION
The length of time we keep your information for depends on the basis on which it was provided.
- We will keep the information that is necessary to enable us to provide you with a service that you have requested through this website for as long as it takes us to provide that service.
- We will keep your contact details for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing information and/or pass your contact details to third parties.
- We will keep records of any transactions you enter into for a minimum term of six years. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in this period.
- We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
Right of access – you have a right to have access to copies of the personal data that we hold about you subject to certain limitations. We are obliged to respond to any such request within a month of receiving it. We will inform you in writing following receipt of your request and if necessary, seek additional information from you about it.
Right of rectification – you have a right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If you become aware that any of the data which we hold about you is inaccurate, or if you become aware of any circumstances that require changes to be made to any of the personal data which we hold about you, you should inform us as soon as possible; this is particularly important where we are processing an application for a loan for you, as failure to tell us your circumstances have changed may affect the ability of the lender to complete the loan.
Right to be forgotten – you have a right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no longer a compelling reason for us to continue processing it, or where our processing is based on your consent and you withdraw that consent.
Right to data portability – you have a right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. This right allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way.
Right to restrict processing – you have a right to block or suppress the processing of personal data in certain circumstances. If, for example, you contest the accuracy of personal data, processing may be restricted until the accuracy of the personal data has been verified. This may also apply where you contest that the processing is unlawful.
Right to object – you have a right to object to processing of your personal data if it is based on the performance of a legal task or is based on our legitimate interests. You also have the right to object where we process your information for research purposes.
To exercise any of your rights above you should contact the Data Protection Officer, The Loan Partnership, 82 Gallows Hill Lane, Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire. WD5 0BY.
Telephone: 01923 250090 Email: email@example.com.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you think that there is a problem with how we are handing your data. Their contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745
SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Appreciating that both privacy and security of your information is of the utmost importance, The Loan Partnership has implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect personal information we hold about you. We protect your information by:
- Ensuring that your information is kept securely in our databases and offices. We only allow our employees and trusted contractors access to your information, and then only if they need it for a specific authorised task. The computers on which we store your information are kept in a secure environment.
- Ensuring that we only pass your personal data to third parties where security and confidentiality are assured.
- We do not process your personal data outside the EEA, but if we were to in future, we would only do so if we were sure your information were protected in the same way as it is within the EEA.
- We take all reasonable steps to protect your information, but data can never be guaranteed as 100% secure. Please note that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless there is proof of negligence by us.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This website may from time to time include links to other sites. We make every effort to provide links to high quality, reputable sites but we are not responsible for their privacy practices or, site content or the services they offer.
If you call any of the telephone number quoted on this website, we may record your calls. These recordings are used for training and quality control purposes to ensure that we continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards.
EMAIL MARKETING AND AGGREGATED INFORMATION
With your consent, we may send you emails from time to time in order to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
We may track your use of this information by using coding on the email which does not record any personally identifiable information about you but provides us with important information which enables us to monitor the effectiveness and relevance of our messages.
You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails we may send you from time to time.
We may also use aggregated customer information to help us understand how our website is performing commercially and what we can do to improve performance. We may provide this information to other companies, such as third-party advertisers. This information does not include any personal details that can be used to identify individuals.
The Loan Partnership Ltd does not knowingly collect data on or from children.